Our stock pitch competition is back this semester with a $1000 cash prize and ASB Securities work experience for the winning team!
Teams of 1- 4 people will get 7 days to research a New Zealand based company and will present a 'buy' pitch to a panel of judges on Sunday October 1st.
The top three teams from each division will then get the opportunity to pitch before a panel of ASB Securities managers on Wednesday October 4th from 6pm to determine the winning team for each division.
Whether you have competed in a stock pitch competition before or have never looked at a stock, we have a division to cater for you with our First Timers division this year having a $500 cash prize.
Registrations are now open and must be in by Sunday, 23rd of September at midnight.
Entry is $15 per team – to be paid on sign up.
Worried you don’t know enough to compete?
Come to our Stock Pitch Tutorial on Thursday, 21st of September where the Chairman of our Investment Committee and senior UAIC analysts will talk about what should be in your qualitative and quantitative analysis.
What's in it for you:
This semester we have two divisions as follows:
- First Timers Division - Teams with members fully comprised of 1st Year Students or those that have not competed in SPC before will be entered into this division and judged against other students in this division.
- Open Division - All other teams will be automatically entered into the open division.
- First Timers Division Prize - $500 cash prize.
- Open Division Prize - $1000 cash prize and ASB Securities Work Experience
- Preliminary rounds will be scheduled on Sunday October 1st between 9am-4pm
- Finals begin at 6pm on Wednesday October 4th at ASB Wynyard Quarter and will be followed by networking, drinks and nibbles!